Monday 27 February 2012

Ash Wednesday 29 February

‘Guard my life and rescue me; do not let me be put to shame, for I take refuge in you.’ Psalm 25:20

Do not miss our Ash Wednesday service at 7 pm on 29 February. We will celebrate together with our Egyptian and Sudanese congregations. So be prepared for a bilingual service. Would you participate in some form of fasting as well? I have decided to not eat any snacks at all, and to give up on alcohol for this period. And to use more time for reading my Bible. (pastors often suffer from the problem that they only read their bible ‘professionally’, like in sermon preparations. But to let God speak to me personally in this time of Lent is also important!)

Yes, we celebrate Ash Wednesday this week - we follow the Eastern calendar!

No comments: